Advertisements
Home

Comments

Comments; – or please just write me at tomhaynie@yahoo.com, I like that the best.

– plus other commentary that I really don’t have any idea what to do with.

Advertisements

20 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Ava
    Mar 07, 2010 @ 20:42:31

Wish I was there!

2. DEWEY
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 16:28:29

WHERE R ALL THE HOOTERS? R THERE ANY OUT WEST? B SAFE!!

3. Tom Haynie
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 17:23:05

Plenty of ‘H-Utters’ out here for you buddy, pick a cow….

4. Steve & Penny
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 21:29:18

Hi. We’re the couple on the tandem bike that you photographed near mullinville. Thanks for the tip about MT and his junk art.We spent a good part of the afternoon with him and it was very entertaining. Nice pics on your blog too!

5. Richard
    Sep 22, 2010 @ 23:11:46

I have been watching with some jealousy and admiration. Not sure how one man could enjoy so much solitude, then I remembered that your grew up in a family of four women. 🙂 I know them and after some serious contemplation, it becomes clearer.

Have a blast! You deserve it. Be safe in your travels!

Richard

• Tom Haynie
      Sep 23, 2010 @ 09:16:57

“Bingo!” Richard – I think you found something there….

6. Doreen Murgatroyd
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 10:57:42

Liked you blog. I have added a link to it on one of my pages which is a page about worldwide paddling destinations.

• Tom Haynie
      Jan 05, 2011 @ 22:12:14

Thanks Doreen, ‘preciate you stopping in, hope that you enjoy…

7. dienna reese
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 20:27:35

hey(: so i decided to check this site out!! well it nice. thank you for keeping me compony on the.. in the… road lol(: i really enjoyed that ran outa gass picture.!! thank you again tom

8. Mike Brannon
    Apr 09, 2013 @ 18:27:47

Tom,

Have fun down there on that ole blackwater. That’s my old stompin grounds and I miss it. Take plenty of pics. Wish I could have gone but have to do a little classwork for the future. We cant all be footloose retired firemen. Haha. Hope you have a blast. Stay in touch.

Mike Brannon

• Tom Haynie (bacshortly)
      Apr 20, 2013 @ 14:39:04

Hey Mike – I understand. I remember going to Haz-Mat tech class at the time one of my class reunions was scheduled…. always a tough call. I guess its about learning to make a decision; and then moving on. thanks for considering – maybe next trip

9. Don
    Feb 15, 2014 @ 10:24:00

Great site. Have you witnessed dgredation from the Dan river coal ash spill? I am looking for water front property near the damaged spill area. How bad is it?
    Are the some lakes that should be avoided?

• Tom Haynie (bacshortly)
      Feb 16, 2014 @ 08:44:06

Have only heard the same (likely) as you in the news, hope to paddle some of the Dan in the spring – buy Don, it’s just water under the bridge.

10. Big-john
    Feb 17, 2014 @ 19:31:25

Hello Tom!

Lets go on a river trip!!!!! Well since I did climb a mountain it’s all down hill! 🙂

Kilimanjaro, with its three volcanic cones, Kibo, Mawenzi, and Shira, is a dormant volcanic mountain in Tanzania, the highest mountain in Africa, and the highest free-standing mountain in the world at 5,895 metres or 19,341 feet above sea level!
    This Gallery is from the 9 day western approach route and covers 55-60 miles.

• Tom Haynie (bacshortly)
      Feb 18, 2014 @ 07:57:05

Well I had wondered what you were up to – that’s awesome John, and a true adventure…way to go bud.

11. david
    Aug 14, 2015 @ 11:14:52

The CO mountains won’t be a problem…it’s that extremely windy, monotonous, sunflower filled, baking heat of Kansas that breaks souls. Welcome “bac” Janis.

12. M.L.
    Oct 02, 2015 @ 20:19:00

Do you have any waypoints for camping areas along the river that are not campgrounds or river camps?

• Tom Haynie (bacshortly)
      Oct 03, 2015 @ 13:34:09

Which river? In the river adgenda for the Suwannee, Ideas post many of the boat ramps are noted; camping is ok

13. C Musgrave
    Nov 26, 2016 @ 14:23:27

Hello, just a quick note, under the Suwannee River Mileage, trip ideas, the Alapaha Rise/Shelly Run is at mile marker 135.6. We manage the Wilderness Trail and had a call today, someone reading your blog and telling me about this Shelly Run at rm 153.6. Ha Ha took some work to figure out what he was talking about! Glad to see you are out there living the life!

• Tom Haynie (bacshortly)
      Nov 26, 2016 @ 14:35:32

Thanks for the correction Cathy (some dyslexia on my end), thanks too for all that you guys do too, awesome trail – more folks appreciate your efforts than you may ever know. Tom